January is National Mentoring Month, and it’s a great opportunity to encourage employees to get involved in some volunteer work, which is beneficial to your local communities and increases employee satisfaction and productivity.
The good folks at the National Mentoring Partnership prepare for this every year, and have several resources available to put the word out and do some good. Here are some simple steps you can take to get started along with important dates to remember:
- Watch and share the “Because You Mentored Me” promotional video, a 45-second introduction to the impact mentorship can have.
- Download the 2020 Corporate Engagement Toolkit from mentoring.org for some great resources to get your employees involved.
- While you’re at it, grab the Social Media Toolkit and watch the handy webinar on how to get the most out of NMP’s resources.
- January 17th is International Mentoring Day, a day to share powerful stories of mentorship far and wide.
- January 21st is Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service, a great opportunity to offer volunteer opportunities to employees.
- January 31st is Thank Your Mentor Day! Give thanks and gratitude to the mentors who have shaped your life, and be sure to use the #thankyourmentor hashtag!
In today’s world, genuine mentorship can be hard to come by, so make the most out of this month and give your people something to be proud of.