Friday, March 6th 2020 is Employee Appreciation Day. What began as an unofficial holiday in 1995 has grown into one of the best opportunities of the year to engage, celebrate, and create memorable experiences for your employees.
We all know that expressing appreciation is one of the most effective ways to increase productivity, reduce absenteeism, and create a meaningful employee experience. If you’re not making an effort to delight employees for Employee Appreciation Day, you’re missing out! Here are 5 quick ideas to get you started:
- Free food – Whether it’s donuts, pizza, cupcakes, or a full-on catered lunch, food is a great equalizer in the workplace and the most direct way to everyone’s heart.
- Gift packages – “Swag Bags” are always fun and allow a lot of room to be creative. Give gifts, snacks, candy, and add in branded merchandise for some extra oomph!
- Special award – Creating an Employee Appreciation Day initiative through your recognition system is an extremely efficient way to reward everyone in the organization.
- Flexible scheduling – We can all appreciate getting some hours back in our day, and Employee Appreciation Day is a great time to kick a few back or have a surprise early release if possible.
- Leadership message – Get senior leadership involved in the festivities. Record a video message to post on your intranet or send out a special email or personalized card to get appreciation rolling from the top down.
Be sure to check out our Employee Appreciation Day resources page, for some more ideas on how you can make the day special for employees. Let us know if you need any help celebrating!